VPL™ has been clinically proven to remove hair from all parts of the face and body. The variable pulse settings mean it can effectively treat the different types of hair found all over the body, from thicker underarm hair to finer facial hair, on a wide range of skin types.
How VPL™ Works for Hair Removal?
- VPL uses short, safe, controlled pulses of filtered light to remove unwanted hair quickly and effectively. Carefully filtered pulses of light are absorbed by melanin, the pigment found in hair. This absorption process produces heat, which heats the hair, damaging the follicle along with its ability to regenerate. Hundreds of hair follicles are treated with each pulse, making VPL a fast and effective way to treat unwanted hair.
- Unwanted hair can be removed from all parts of the body, including legs, chin, upper lip, bikini line, brazilian, underarm, back and chest.
- A consultation with a fully trained therapist will assess and provide you a complete treatment program, depending on your skin type, the area to be treated and the color of your hair. As the treatments have little or no visible side effects, effective procedures can be performed quickly with no downtime.
- The hair in the treatment area will be trimmed and a cooling gel applied to ensure that the light energy is used to achieve the best results. The applicator head will be stepped across and flashed in a series of shots to complete treated area. Due to the large applicator head, treatments can be performed quickly, which we know is important with today’s hectic lifestyle.
Immediately after the treatment, the skin may appear a little more pink than usual, but this will fade quickly. The treated hairs will fall out naturally over a period of one to three weeks, leaving the skin feeling silky smooth.
- Dependent upon the treatment performed and the area treated, results will be noticed after a series of treatments over a period of months. This is due to the body’s natural hair growth cycles.It is advisable to stay out of the sun, and away from tanning beds for at least a week prior to any treatments.